Saturday, January 25, 2014

Leah Buechley: How to “Sketch” with electronics

 After watching this TED talk I’m excited to see how this technology will continue to grow and give new ways of using electronics to interact with all kinds of design. The ability to make electronics so small has given new opportunities to use this technology in many areas whether it be simple sketches or making music from conductive lines on paper. The designs that Leah Buechley showed in the video were not only fluid and beautiful, but they showed us how simplicity and technology can become a way to learn and create.

I found that this opens up so many new opportunities to create engaging and interactive artwork that is only limited by your imagination. The last piece that was shown reminded me of the pop-up books I had as a kid, only lit up like Christmas trees. I personally have a strong connection to using LED technology and have used it to add ambiance to my landscaping and studio design.

No comments:

Post a Comment